Grand Vin 2011
Grand Vin is a fully complex, modern and bold wine playing on the perfect balance between power and elegance. It personifies the reinterpretation of Cahors Malbec by Paul and Bertrand Gabriel to deliver a full expression of the terroir.
Fruit selected from the Plateau and the 3rd Terrace
• Very high density planting 14,820 vines/acres (6000 vines/ha)
• 1.9 tons per acres (37hl/ha)
• Hand-harvested between the October 1st -15th
• Fermentation in very small stainless steel tanks- malolactic fermentation in barrel
• 24 months in 100% new Darnajou, Baron and Taransaud French oak barrels (225 l)
A sunny spring followed by a rainy summer slowed down the ripening in the vineyard; good weather in September gave healthy and balanced fruit
Jet black with deep amethyst on the edges, the Grand Vin is profound and layered. A deep core of black fruit is perfumed with notes of black currant, cassis, cotton candy and hints of savory, seared meat, sage and dark chocolate. Creamytextured yet bright on the palate, it displays lavender, lilac, blackberry, plum and new leather with a clean slate-like finish.