Ingredients, serves 2 people:
- 2 small carrots, with top
- 2 colored radishes
- 1 bunch of wild or green asparagus
- 1 large spring onion (or 2 small)
- 1 small Chioggia beet
- 1 small red beet
- 1 steem of rainbow chard
- 2 cups vegetable broth (～0.5l)
- 2 pinches Quercy saffron (0.25g)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (supremes)
- ¼ stick of butter (～25g)
It all started when…
- Peel all the vegetables and shape them.
- Cook the vegetables in boiling salted water until just slightly crisp, chill them in iced water, drain and set aside.
- Boil the vegetable broth, then add the saffron to infuse during 10 minutes.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in the saffron broth, bring to a simmer and cover, cook for 8 minutes. After 6-7 minutes, add the vegetables to the broth to bring them back to temperature.
- Remove the vegetables and the chicken breasts, set aside.
- Turn off the heat and directly stir the butter in the saffron broth until it melts.
- Cut the poultry breast in half lengthwise.
- Arrange everything harmoniously on a soup bowl and add the broth.
L'Atelier 2014 doesn't have any wood ageing, this show a wine with a lot of freshness, fruits and easy to pair with white meat as Julien Poisot's poultry breast suprem.
The spices notes of this 100% malbec paired perfectly with the saffron spice of the recipe.
The subtle balance of the wine create by its different terroir origins, reflects harmoniously the balance of our saffron dish.